Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Is May Seriously Over Part III

The last few weeks of May are a bit of a blur. I was so busy trying to get out of the office (for a trip to Puerto Rico), that I did not do much else. Somewhere in there I:


1. Celebrated Mindy's 29th birthday. I brought blueberry cheesecake from Gourmandies: The Bakery. YUMMY!

2. Won an award at Inns of Court. Inns of Court is a professional organization that combines socializing with continuing legal education. I'm in the fun Inn (i.e. we drink). Each year it picks a book and all of our presentations revolve around that book. This year we read Missing Witness, a legal thriller. I got the award for the best Doug MacKenzie. I know I should be flattered to win an award for acting in front of so many attorneys, but . . . the part I was playing was the inexperienced/incompetent associate. :)

3. Got in a few more bike rides, mostly on Dry Creek.


4. Went to an unsuccessful (only 1 person--not me--read the book) book club.



5. Went to see Miss Saigon at the PTC. I was SO excited to see how this play compared to Madam Butterfly, on which it is (loosely) based. I was surprised at how much more emotional I was in this version because the soldier actually cared about the Asian girl. It made the devastating ending all that more tragic. The set was AMAZING! It even included a helicopter exit. I am always amazed to see what a fantastic job PTC, a regional theater, does with these large productions. The actors are SO talented, the sets and costumes are so intricate, and the seats are so inexpensive. Next year's line-up is out already; get your tickets now!

6. And spent a weekend at Jess and Sarah's cabin (to celebrate Carrie's birthday).


The day I flew out to Puerto Rico, I had a deposition that I thought would end before noon. It ended at 2. I still had a filing that afternoon. I finally got out of the office at 5. I hurried home to pack and attend a BBQ at Jeremy and Leslie's. Rod dropped me off at the airport at 11. It was a LONG day (and night).

1 comment:

Mindy said...

The cheesecake was SOOOO good! Thanks again!!!! I loved it!