After an all night flight, I landed in Puerto Rico midday Saturday. I hopped in my rental car and headed south to the colonial city of Ponce. 



The next few days, I hung out around the southern coast diving, hiking, and visiting ruins. 

After meeting up with my family, we checked into the posh Wyndham Resort. The next day, after checking out the resort's beach and pool, 




we headed to Old San Juan. Such a charming colonial town (probably the only part of the territory that left me wanting more . . . well except the scuba diving, which was exceptional). Our sightseeing was cut short, though, by a torrential downpour that knocked out the power in the city.





The next day, Jordan, Grandpa Reeder, and I headed West to check out the Rio Camuy Caverns, more ruins, and the world's largest radio telescope.




We got home LATE, but not too late for me and Jayde to check out Old San Juan's night life with my friend from high school, who was stationed in PR temporarily. Jason showed us all of the hot spots.

After a late night arrival Friday, Aunt Kelly and Aunt Diane joined us for my last full day in PR. We decided to head back to Old San Juan to check out the half of the city we missed due to rain and to do some shopping.







we headed to Old San Juan. Such a charming colonial town (probably the only part of the territory that left me wanting more . . . well except the scuba diving, which was exceptional). Our sightseeing was cut short, though, by a torrential downpour that knocked out the power in the city.





The next day, Jordan, Grandpa Reeder, and I headed West to check out the Rio Camuy Caverns, more ruins, and the world's largest radio telescope.





We got home LATE, but not too late for me and Jayde to check out Old San Juan's night life with my friend from high school, who was stationed in PR temporarily. Jason showed us all of the hot spots.

Friday we made a trip to El Yunque, the jungle just across the street from our hotel. It was really the only thing close to our hotel. 



Afterwards, Bug and I headed out to the beach to take advantage of the perfect waves and the setting sun. I cannot believe how grown up he is getting!


After a late night arrival Friday, Aunt Kelly and Aunt Diane joined us for my last full day in PR. We decided to head back to Old San Juan to check out the half of the city we missed due to rain and to do some shopping.



We left early so that we could catch some more rays and relax before heading back to SLC.


The best part of the whole vacation was the time I got to spend with my family. I love them so much!
[For the full story, check my travel blog--www.whereisqt.blogspot.com--in about a month when I finally get around to posting. :)].



1 comment:
LOVE the pics, Jen! I'll add PR to my list of places to go . . . someday!
Post a Comment