Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Friday, May 1, 2009

A Wicked Weekend

Our next weekend (the third weekend in April) was just as packed as the last. We had an early start Thursday night, with a mentoring social at Cafe Molise. Then Friday, our good friends, Carrie and Joel, had us over for dinner at their cute new house. Saturday I went to watch my bad ass friends, Misty and Val, run the SLC Marathon.

Misty ran the half with her husband, Glen. Awww!

Val ran the whole thing in almost exactly four hours.

Rockstar!


Her cute niece, wearing her medal

Way to go Val and Mitter!

Although I have zero desire to ever run a full marathon (my knees would definitely not take it), I was inspired. In fact, at book club that night, I had a weak moment and agreed to run the Law Day 5K, just two weeks away.


I'm now in three book clubs. I know how insane that sounds, but I love to read and am always looking for a good book. Also, at least two of the book clubs are more about hanging out with friends and drinking wine than reading and one of the clubs meets only once every other month. Anyway, this book club, my original book club's book of the month was Sarah's Key. I don't recommend it. The best part about it is the half second of historical fiction sandwiched in between the rest of the book. That part is about France's participation in the holocaust. The French police actually rounded up french jews and sent them to termination camps. After that part was over, though, the rest of the book is incredibly predictable and unbelievably convenient.


After book club, I coerced Rod into going to another party with me. Cass and Tracy's birthday parties are infamous for being wild. This year was (much) tamer than last, but did not disappoint. Luckily I did not have to be up early the next morning. :)

Me with one of the Birthday girls, Tracey.

The other birthday girl (Cass).

Sunday, we had matinee tickets to Wicked. Yay! Most people had to wait in line for hours to get tickets to this show, but my awesome friend Todd got us tickets without any lines or waiting. I went in with high expectations; I had read the book (for book club) and loved it. I was not disappointed. Even Rod enjoyed it (and he doesn't usally like going to the theater). The set, acting, plot, were all great. The play diverged from the book quite a bit, but I didn't mind it as much as I usually do when the book and the play/movie are different. The book went into the whole racial prejudices aspect more, but the play had a holocaust tie-in (persecuting humans because they are different pretextually because they were responsible for the great drought) that was not in the book and which I thought actually worked well. It also tied in a lot more of the characters in the Wizard of Oz, who were not present in the book. I definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

It looks like the Broadway Across America series is going to be entertaining next year. The line up is The Wedding Singer, Avenue Q, Legally Blonde, and The Lion King. I haven't gotten season tickets for the last couple of years, but I'm considering it next year. Anyone interested?

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thanks Jen! You're so sweet, and must be the busiest little bee on the planet!
I got to go see wicked also, and loved it. AH, I love a good show!
Talk to you soon!