
The first time I heard Undone the Sweater Song, I was hanging out at my friend Rachel's house, in the music room, "playing pool." Actually, Rachel, LisaDawn, and I were watching Rachel's older brother Jared and his friends, including my then-crush Gavin, play pool while we tried to be cool. I think it was Valentine's Day. I had gone over to Rachel's house after mutual (a church thing) and without telling my dad where I was. I got in so much trouble. I was grounded for a week and spent most of the time in my room listening to Weezer.
Every time I hear that song, I wax nostalgic about 8th grade when life was so much simpler and everything was new and exciting.
The concert really took me back. Weezer opened with My Name is Jonas and ended with Buddy Holly. They played a couple other songs off of that album and three songs off of their Pinkerton album (my favorite), but not my favorite one Why Bother. Most of the songs were from their newer albums. It was crazy to see so many kids there and realize that they were not even alive when Weezer came out. Seriously, can you believe it has been 15 years?



Carrie got us great seats. We were only about thirty feet from the stage. At one point Rivers walked off stage and stood right in front of us. We were less than ten feet apart. It made it even easier to see Rivers' bald spot. We are old!
P.S. Angels and Airwaves opened for Weezer. They were not my favorite--whiny without clever lyrics. But Tom DeLonge (formerly of Blink 182) is totally hot!
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Weezer!
Posted by
Jen
at
7:31 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am so glad you went! I had a friend who just went down to SLC to the concert and I was thinking about you...always do when I hear a Weezer song. :) Those were some funny days...not the grounding part, of course. :)
....oh, and my friend thought Angels and Airwaves left much to be desired. Darn!!!
Glad you had a great time!!
Those were the days! Thanks for the memories!
Post a Comment