One of my first posts (more than a year ago), was the story of our crazy trip to Baton Rouge to watch LSU beat Florida. Since I started dating Rod, I have had no choice but to become a diehard Tigers fan. I have slowly began to replace all the black in my closet with purple. We try to go back at least once a year for a game. We have gone to some really incredible ones: the Florida game last year and the Tennessee game the year before. Both were really close games and both were surrounded by some really crazy tailgating. Tigers fans really know how to tailgate.
This year, the trip was just as fun (and crazy) . . . until we lost. This was the first time we have been to a losing game. It was strange to see how somber the whole town becomes after a loss. This one was especially painful because the best person on Georgia's team was Jared Lee (LSU's quarterback). Three pick sixes! We nursed our wounds, though, with lots of rich food. The highlight (foodwise) for me was Elyse's dad's shrimp grits. Mmmm!
Even though it was such a short trip we had a great time catching up with everyone.






1 comment:
I love that you guys follow the Tigers around the county, that sounds like so much fun! The food really sounds like the best part though... but I'm a little obsessed with that stuff at the moment.
Post a Comment