Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crazy couple of weeks: Week 1

More often than not, I feel like I'm writing about the past rather than the present. So sorry for the lack of posting and for this:

The last few weekends have been crazy! Two Fridays ago was the UMBA Annual Awards Dinner and silent auction. It is one of my favorite events of the year. There are always so many people that I have not seen for a long time so I spend a lot of the night catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. I didn't win anything at the silent auction (I was outbid by Judge Peuler), but I did get to watch Clayton Simms and Ross Romero get awards. They were both UMBA board members when I was still a law student! The Union Pacific building was beautiful, but the acoustics left something to be desired.


Immediately afterwards, we got to check out our friends Sam and Patrick's new house. It was GORGEOUS . . . a beautiful mansion with incredible woodwork. When they ran out of plastic cups, Clem was nice enough to fill a cylinder/vase with homebrew for me. I'm sure that this is somehow related to the elevator incident. Mellie and I were checking out all the floors and somehow got stuck between floors . . . well at least until we realized there was a back door.

Saturday night was a surprise party for Phil. Happy 30th! Rumba was so excited to be invited. We spent a lot of the party watching LSU beat S. Carolina. Geaux Tigers!



Sunday, Rod and I spent the day doing something we both enjoy . . . cooking! There was one failed attempt at peanut butter brownies, but the creme brulee turned out well. I manned the dessert section (and the table design) while Rod worked on the main course: roasted pork loin, roasted brussel sprouts, and roasted potatoes. So yummy! We had Pat, Megan, and Dasch over to enjoy it with us.

No comments: