Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wedding Wednesday: Invitations

I became addicted early on on to letterpressed invitations. I looked and looked but could not find a vendor that was not cost prohibitive and actually made invitations that looked like something you would want to make the first impression of your wedding. Then, on a random comment thread, I found Mercurio Brothers. The website leaves something to be desired, but their samples were great and the reviews I heard were overwhelmingly positive. The only problem, they have a ridiculously long lead time. We had to skip the save the date step and head right to the invitation.

I had a really concrete idea about how I wanted the invitation to look: two birds in a tree (a specific tree I had seen on another website). I also fell in love with the Veer font, but it was too expensive. I opted for the free and pretty Laurenscript instead. We wanted to acknowledge our families on the invitation so we started it "Together with their families. . . ."

Even though I knew what I wanted, I was having trouble executing. For this, I needed professional help. I turned to my good friend and graphic designer, Tobin Hagen. He eventually sent me a proof that would become this



It was EXACTLY how I envisioned! And I absolutely adored the thick paper and letterpressed images.

Then, to minimize our environmental impact, we decided to use a postcard for our RSVP cards and, rather than an inner envelope, Rod and I made collars to tie the invitation and RSVP card together. Here is the final product (ignore the awful pictures).


It was exactly what we wanted. Tobin also designed our logo, which we used on everything from invitations, to out-of-town bags, to favors.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am always so impressed with your thought and planning. You really know how to plan a party! :) I love your invites. They are perfect!