Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wedding Wednesday: Posh Posy

I HEART Svetlana, the stylista behind Posh Posy. She was absolutely amazing. I knew I wanted Svetlana to do my flowers before I even knew her name. She did the flowers for my friend Melanie's wedding. They were the most memorable flowers I have seen at any wedding ever.

When I met with Svetlana, I came armed with this:

and about a million other pictures of flowers I clipped from Bridal magazines.

I had a clear vision of what I wanted, but was not sure if it was doable (or affordable). I knew I wanted a big centerpiece made of branches with hanging tealights and simple flowers in series of eclectic vases. I also really loved little green flowers (Svetlana explained that they are called kermits), hydrangea, and pomanders. One of our main concerns was that the flowers were environmentally friendly--no exotic flowers or huge bouquets of flowers that would die in day anyway. I had been collecting vases from thrift shops and planned on using these instead of purchasing new ones.

Svetlana took my ideas and ran with them. These are the mock-ups she came up with for five centerpieces: (1) Branches, (2) Grass, (3) Pomanders, (4) submerged flowers, and (5) single flowers in eclectic vases. I was more thrilled with some than others. I loved the pomander, grass, and branch centerpiece, but the submerged flower and single bud centerpieces did not do it for me.





After round one, I asked Svetlana to slightly alter some of the arrangements. I nixed the submerged flower idea. It looks good with exotic flowers, but those flowers were not right for our "green" wedding plans or with our style. Rather than put the single flowers in a series of eclectic vases, I found these images

and decided reused bottles was prettier and greener. She also took the third image to come up with the box centerpiece that replaced the submerged flowers.

Here are the incredible results:


©2008 ZumaPhoto.com: Grass Centerpiece

©2008 ZumaPhoto.com: Box Centerpiece

©2008 ZumaPhoto.com: Bottle Centerpiece


Courtesy of Svetlana

Courtesy of Svetlana

©2008 ZumaPhoto.com:Branch Centerpiece


I would highly recommend Svetlana/Posh Posy to anyone who is looking for creative flowers. She was a joy to work with. Her ideas were great and she was willing to work within out budget. Thanks Posh Posy!

No comments: