I have the BEST friends in the whole world. Three weekends ago (yes, I know, still very behind), my closest friends in the whole world flew out to NYC for the best bachelorette party ever. Mindy, my MOH, lives in Brooklyn, and she carefully planned out every minute of the oh-so-fabulous weekend. There was shopping, pedicures, manicures, spa treatments, sightseeing, and . . . oh . . . drag queen karaoke (yes, you heard me right) and Hunk-o-mania (I refuse to go into more detail), and (BEST OF ALL) spending four uninterrupted days with my best friends. I have known Mindy, Carley, Alicia, and Courtney since seventh grade, more than half my life. It has been almost ten years since we have all been in the same city together.
Now, I know I will probably regret posting photos . . . A word of explanation: After dinner with Ginger and the other drag queen divas we left Lips armed with baloon "animals". We hopped to a couple of bars, then headed home. On the way, we found a mannequin, which we thought looked like he could use a couple of "baloons". We carried him home. Even though it was NYC, we still got some very interesting reactions. The next night, it was Hunk-o-Mania. My girls, who by the way managed to plan this whole weekend and keep it a secret, got us VIP tickets so we were in the front row. I am sworn to secrecy, but will tell you it was a much more interactive show than one would think (I got pulled up on stage at least 3 times!).
Monday, before I left, Mindy and I had a chance to spend some time just the two of us. We had lunch at Mindy's favorite restaurant, then explored the cute shops in the neighborhood. We had dessert at chocolate heaven.
The weekend was everything that I could have asked for. Thanks girls!






1 comment:
It was a very memorable weekend indeed! and having all my favorite girls at my house for a few days was wo wonderful! I hope we can do it again soon!and no worries- your secrets are safe with us!
Post a Comment