Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Sunday, July 18, 2010

Three Decades



In . . . one . . . week . . . I will be 30. 3-0.

I remember when my dad turned 30. I thought he was SOOO OLD! At ten, 30 was three times my entire lifetime. He had a mini-mid-life crisis and got his ear pierced. It lasted a week. :) Then, after so many people have said things like "high school are the best years of your life" or "your body just starts to fall apart after 25," I thought I would have a really hard time with 30.

As shocked as I am to say this, I'm not. I'm actually looking forward to it. The last few months have some of the best of my life. I'm happier and more comfortable in my own skin than I've ever been. My body may not be as strong as in my twenties, but last month I ran the Ragnar Wasatch Back and felt like I could conquer the world.

And as much as I loved my self-indulgent twenties (focused on building my career, traveling the world, and just having a good time), I truly believe that the best years are yet to come! 30 . . . BRING IT ON!

P.S. Although I'm not having a mid-life crisis, I am going on a mid-life adventure, starting next weekend with skydiving and ending with three months in Africa. Anyone want to join me?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I TOTAllY want to go skydiving with you! i love skydiving! Actually i want to go to africa too... we need to plan things better so i get to tag along on your adventures!

Automobile Birdsinger said...

yes please.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hoping it truly is the best birthday ever! Thinking of you--and hoping for many wonderful years ahead of you! You are such a go-getter and I am always impressed with your long list of have-dones. :) You're a lucky girl! :)