Stephen and Elise were lifesavers during our wedding so we made sure to head to Louisiana early to help them out with their pre-wedding errands too. After relaxing a bit on our first night there (with a yummy seafood dinner at the Acme Oyster Company), we rolled up our sleeves and started the heavy lifting. :) Aunt Jumy and I spent my first full day there shopping for decorations and arranging flowers for the rehearsal dinner. vRod and Dad were tasked with cutting wine corks to fit in the vases.
That night, we went over to MawMaw and PawPaw's to visit with them and Uncle Eddie. On our way home, after "rescuing" the neighbor's dog, we called Stephen to see if he needed us to bring him anything. He then informed us that the Art House, where the reception would take place, had a broken pipe and the strings of lights they were handing kept blowing out fuses. He later told us that, that night the Art House flooded. Apparently there was an inch of water on the floor the next day (the day before the wedding). He, of course, hid that fact from Elise, who already had enough to be stressed about.
While Stephen was, unbeknownst to us, cleaning up the water mess, we headed to the cute little town of Covington, Elise's hometown, where the wedding would take place. MawMaw and I actually had a couple of hours relaxing over the bridal luncheon and mimosas at a cute lakeside restaurant, the Lake House, in Mandeville. The location was beautiful and the food good. Elise was so cute and got everyone thank you gifts. She is always so thoughtful.
After the breakfast, MawMaw and PawPaw dropped me off at Camelia House, the cozy bed and breakfast where Rod and I were staying. The room was straight out of Martha Stewart's house with cute, thoughtful details. The propietor had a plate of fresh fruit and chocolate covered strawberries to greet us. Unfortunately, my clothes (and everthing else) were locked in the trunk of the car, which was parked in front of the Art House while Rod and his dad were sent to New Orleans to pick up glasses. Due to traffic and construction, they got back just in time for the rehearsal. As soon as they got back, I got ready and headed to the rehearsal dinner locale, Del Porto, to decorate. I think it turned out really cute. The rehearsal dinner itself was quite good too. The food was fantastic.
After the dinner wrapped up, we headed to the neighborhood bar. It was pretty packed. That did not deter the bride from getting up on stage to sing Bon Jovi with the band though. :) Out of respect for the bride, I won't post that video. 
On the wedding day, I got up for a quick run around the cute town. I accidentally poached a 5K that happened to be running on the same route that the B&B's proprietor had recommended. After breakfast, Rod and I headed over to the Art House to help out. The transformation of the Art House was pretty spectacular. It has never been used for a reception before. With the whole family's help, they completely cleaned up the location, including removing and cleaning the area of the potter's wheel. Elise's dad hired an electrician to re-wire the site for their lights. The parking lot was transformed with a tent and chandelier.I snuck into the Art House on my way to the ceremony (everything was within walking distance of our B&B), which was at St. Peter's cathedral, to take some pictures of the cute details.

I, unfortunately, was not as diligent about taking pictures during the ceremony or reception. I guess I was too busy visiting and attacking the buffet. (I always feel awkward taking pictures where there is a professional being paid to photograph).
Stephen and Elise left straight from the reception to their honeymoon in Belize.
We spent the rest of our trip hanging out with the family. Eddie and Patti introduced me to my new favorite store, The Royal Standard. It is a consignment shop with truly cool home-crafted items and vintage finds. I spent way too much money! We also had a nice dinner at MawMaw and PawPaw's to celebrate Aunt Terri's birthday. I managed not to break all the dishes this time.
We were also lucky to get there right in the middle of crawfish season. Yum!
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Wedding Weekend in Louisiana
Posted by
Jen
at
9:31 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment