Although Rod's birthday is in April, we did most of our celebrating in May. On his actual birthday, though, the two of us went to Cucina Toscana, the best italian restaurant in Salt Lake. I have a new found love for prosciutto. The cantaloupe, pear, and prosciutto salad I had for the salad course was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth.

The next night, we had a party at our house. It was pretty low key. Just 30 or so of our closest friends. They brought their adorable children, and I, of course, followed them around like the papparazzi.
Our menu was also low-key, but high brow: Cucumer and goat cheese, crustless finger sandwiches, strawberries romanoff (strawberry + sour cream + brown sugar = YUM!), and ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies.
For his gift, I got him something he has wanted for a very long time . . . ceiling fans. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment