In between the bachelorette parties and Stephen and Elise's wedding in Louisiana, I got to spend time with my family. First, they came to visit me. Mom Dena, Jayde, Ryan, Jordan, and his friend Dillion all came to watch Jordan's first concert: Killswitch Engage. 
I'll admit that it is a little heavier than most of the music I listen to, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Jordan, Dillon, Ryan, and I rocked out until the last encore. Mom and Jayde made it out of melee sooner.
Jayde and Ryan hung out for a couple of days so Jayde and I, of couse, shopped while Rod introduced Ryan to Utah's great ski terrain (too bad the snow was less than optimal).
Rumba and I rode back to Idaho with Jayde and Ryan so that I could stay with my Grandma and take care of my Grandpa while he recovered from his knee surgery. It was a little scary at first. Grandpa did not recover as quickly as the doctor had predicted. His pain meds freaked him out. The whole family pitched in to take care of Grandpa though. Grandma and I had a good time spending time together. Even Rumba did her part to cheer Grandpa up.
My mom showed up near the end of the week. It was nice getting to spend some time with her too while we both took care of Grandma and Grandpa. We spent a brief time babysitting cute little Zach. He sure makes Grandma happy. Ron and Trina also surprised us by showing up in Utah. Grandpa finally came home on Saturday, five days after he was supposed to. Mom stayed for another week to take care of him while I headed to Louisiana for the wedding.
We also managed to cram in a day of skiing at Deer Valley (Rod's first time) with Cynthia and Cristina, lots of lunches, and Our Town at the PTC before heading to Louisiana for the wedding festivities. I hate to admit it because it is so over-the-top luxurious (and expensive--thanks Cynthia for hooking us up with freebies!), but I LOVE Deer Valley. The turkey chilli alone makes it worth it. It was funny too thinking about my experience at DV last year. It was the first time I ever skied a blue. And I was scared to death. :) This year, I mostly skiied blues and even threw in a couple of blacks. I wish that this season had been better.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Mid-March
Posted by
Jen
at
9:56 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment