Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Rest of April

Although I know our April was jam-packed, I cannot remember with what exactly.

A few of the random things I remember are . . .

YLD's volunteering at the Utah Food Bank


Book club at Kim's house for Man on a Wire.

Going home for Grandpa's Birthday. His knee is doing much better. He taught me to make his famous beef stew.





Having David and Sherrie Gee, Allison and Scott Behjani, and Lamont and Carley Richardson over for dinner. Rod cooked, of course, and it was wonderful, of course! I made fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies with ice cream for dessert. They were a big hit.



Rod and I were both nominated in the Utah Business Magazine as Legal Elite.

Carley and Alex has us over for brunch. I cannot get enough of the adorable Baby J!


Although most of the month was fuzzy, I remember the weekend of the 17th all too clearly for a variety of reasons. On Friday, we tried out one of our new favorite restaurants: The Tin Angel Diner. If you haven't tried this place yet, you better. It was not at all like I expected. I thought it would be greasy spoon diner. Instead, it is a cozy eclectic restaurant that serves amazing, well-priced tapas, on mismatched china and silver.

Saturday, we went to a funeral. This was the worst kind of funeral, an unexpected one. One of our friends, Emily, passed away. She was just a little over 40 and has two very young boys. The funeral was beautiful, though. Her young husband gave the most heartbreakingly, beautiful eulogy. I hurt so much for their loss.

Afterwards, we were too downtrodden to do anything. We chose a quite dinner where we could just sit quietly next to each other. Spruce, at the Waldorf Astoria, is quite excellent.


Sunday, I injured myself at the last day of Alta. It was one of those "pride before the fall" moments. I was cruising down a black diamond run, the type of run I have been struggling with all season, feeling like a badass. The last thought I had was, "I wish Rod would turn around so he could see how great I am skiing." Then I ate it. I landed on my face with both of my legs still sticking up in the snow at weird angles. At first I thought I was fine, just embarassed, but then I stood up. The ski down was one of the most painful experiences of my life. I could not put any weight on my right leg, which made it that much more difficult to ski. I was squatting and looking foolish all while wearing my butterfly wings (costumes are a last day tradition). When we got to the bottom, I sat in the parking lot with snow wrapped around my bare leg while rod got the car. Lucky for me, the parking lot was full of other injured friends enjoying the last day festivities over a bbq. I later found out that it was a level two strain in my ankle/calf. No running for me for 2 weeks. :(

That night, we went (I hobbled) to Betsy's Birthday party and enjoyed a variety of cupcakes to go with the great company.

I know it is strange to write about all of the activities we participated at the same time as we both were so sad about Emily. But in a way, it was because of Emily that we felt compelled to be outside. Emily, who has battled a faulty heart all her life, was always a fighter who was determined to live life to the fullest, preferable outside.

1 comment:

Carley A. T. said...

Congrats on the Legal Elite, that's awesome.