I apologize for my long hiatus from blogging this week. Between trying to file for a TRO and attending multiple fundraising and social events, I just didn't have the energy or the desire. Even this weekend (and I know how pathetic this sounds), I had plans to go bowling with friends on Friday and to a Birthday party at a new dance club (The Pearl) Saturday night. Instead, Rod and I went to dinner by ourselves Friday night and stayed at home and watched a movie Saturday night.
We did manage to fit in one fun thing, though. So I don't feel like a complete loser. We went to the ultra-fabulous Baby Shower for Tara. This was one of the funnest baby showers I have ever attended. Most of the showers I've been to usually devolve into here are the most horrendous things that can happen to you while in labor. All the ripping and the tearing and the other things I cannot even bring myself to write . . . usually I leave relieved that I am not the one about to give birth. Seriously, why do people think is a good subject for a baby shower? If I were the expectant mother, I would run out of the room bawling!
Anyway, this was a couples brunch shower with an amazing spread. Tara, the guest of honor, has a neighbor who is a professional party hostess (what a fun job!). She thought of everything. My favorite were the crepes with nutella filling and the pumpkin roll. The bloody marys were not too shabby either. She made ham and cheese croissants shaped like diapers (plastic pink and blue pins and all). The creamers for the coffee and tea were in new baby bottles. So cute! And, most excitingly, the conversation never turned to "I heard about this woman who . . ." Yay!
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Posted by
Jen
at
2:35 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment