Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I am just now coming down from a long weekend of eating nothing but sugar. The weekend started early with a work party. As you can see, there were some very creative costumes:



Afterwards we went home to hand out candy to our trick-or-treaters. We, of course, ate about half as much candy as we handed out. I have an uncontrollable weakness for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Rod's costume was a huge hit. The last few Halloweens have been about how shocking I can make his costume. This might be the extent of it. :)

We finished Halloween night off at John and Allyson's Halloween Party. Instead of eating a real dinner, I snacked on Ally's hummus and cheese plate and Carrie and Rory's mini pigs-in-a-blanklet. I finished it off with smarties from the candy basket.









Saturday, Nici, Mellie, and I (and Corey and Rod) got together for our annual Scary Movie Night. We started getting together for scary movie night right after we graduated from law school. We usually get together on Halloween night since it usually in the middle of the week and all the parties are on the weekends. For the occasion, I made sugar cookies. They were SO yummy, but I ate about half the dough before it ever made it to the cookie sheets.

Sunday involved catching up with friends over brunch at the Fiddler's Elbow, which tempted me with its breakfast buffet (especially its belgium waffles and french toast), and over dinner. We ended the weekend with creme brulee at our house. It was such a fun (and yummy) weekend, but I may be in a sugar coma for the rest of the week.

No comments: