Like a kid on Christmas, I could barely sleep the night before the wedding. I woke up early, before anyone else was up, and sat on my front porch writing letters to my parents, grandparents, and Rod and my vows. When I finally finished, the sun was up and I was drained. I went back to bed. When I woke up, Rod had left the sweetest card on my pillow. I won't share all the intimate details, but he did say that he couldn't tell me what my wedding present would look like, but it would be fluffy and bark. Yay!
Mindy and Alicia were already staying with me, and Carley Anne and Alex came over early to make breakfast. Elise (Rod's brother, Stephen's, girlfriend) and Katie (Rod's groomsman, Chris's, wife) were also there to help me put together last minute details. It was busy.
In order to keep myself from going crazing, I purposely planned a pedicure party for my bridesmaids that morning. We headed to VIP Nails with mimosas and a cheese and fruit tray. It was a very relaxing way to bide my time until things got started.
Afterwards we went back to the house, where everyone got ready (except for me). Carley Anne steamed the dresses, while Jayde and I picked out pictures to frame for the guestbook table. 

I thought I had planned everything down to the last detail, but I forgot one important detail . . . how we were all going to get to Log Haven. After a few minutes of panic and some creative thinking, we all made it there (Thanks Mitch and Katie!) . . . well except for my hairdresser, who got lost and was a half hour late. I was freaking out just a little (okay, a girl can have one bridezilla moment), but luckily my bridesmaids and Lee and Lainey were there to keep me calm (and to make sure I always had a glass of wine on hand). 

The hairdresser, Martha, got there eventually and it only put us behind a little bit. In the end, it really only cut down on the amount of time we had for pictures before the ceremony. I was a little disappointed that we had to be in the meadow taking photos when people started showing up.



Finally, it was time to start. It was really important to us to have the ceremony as personal as possible. We tried to involve our friends and family in every aspect of the wedding. Melanie, one of my best friends from law school and an amazingly talented musician, played several beautiful cello suites for the processional. 
After the mothers and grandmothers were seated, Rod and his dad walked to the front of the aisle. The groomsmen--Stephen, Rod's best man and only brother; Chris, Rod's friend since high school; Jordan, my baby brother--joined walked in from the side, joining Rod at the front. Then, my bridesmaids followed suit: Alicia and Carley Anne, some of my best friends from high school; Jayde, my beautiful younger sister; and Mindy, my maid of honor and best friend since seventh grade. Next were our superadorable ringbearers--my nephews Dustin and Bradley--and flower girls--Lainey and Catherine, Rod's second cousins. 




Finally, it was my turn. My dad and I walked in from a pathway that ran along the meadow. On the walk, my dad told me a story about the day he married my mom and how choked up my Granpa got about his only daughter getting married. He had told my grandpa then that he would not look forward to the day that he had to do the same. 

When we finally got to the aisle, I couldn't see anyone but Rod. I looked at him every step of the way. I paused at the front row to give a rose from my bouquet to my Grandma and Grandpa and to Rod's grandparents. 

Our officiant, was the beautiful and wonderful Judge Carolyn McHugh. I worked with her before she became a Judge, and Rod and I have spent a lot of time with her at social gatherings. We really wanted to have someone we both knew perform the ceremony. She did a beautiful job and made the ceremony so personal. Our good friend Paul also did a reading of "The Art of a Good Marriage" by Wilferd Arlen Peterson. 
Then it was time for the vows. Rod and I each wrote a personal statement, which we read to each other. I had to concentrate on the words on the paper to keep from totally losing it. Even the Judge got choked up. 


Then we said the vows we wrote together. It all seemed so surreal.
We exchanged rings. 

Judge McHugh pronounced us husband and wife and we (finally) got to kiss. 
I still cannot believe how lucky I am to be married to this incredible man. Stay tuned tomorrow for the reception details. 

Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The Wedding Day
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Flower Girls-©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Bridesmaids-©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Groomsmen-©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Ringbearers and a Groomsmen-©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
The Bridal Party-©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Here Comes the Bride - ©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
You May Now Kiss the Bride - ©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
©2008 ZumaPhoto.com
Posted by
Jen
at
7:57 PM
Labels: Our Wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Jen! You made me cry again! Those pictures are beautiful and I'm so glad we were there with you!
Wow you had such an amazing photographer! This was so fun to relive the night with these pictures!
Jen - it was seriously, the most beautiful ceremony I have been too! Everything was just wonderful! Congrats again!
Post a Comment