Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Morning After




The morning after the wedding, we woke up exhausted and with a pound of birdseed in the sheets. I'm sure Hotel Monaco's housekeepers are still wondering about that one. We checked out and headed home where my bridesmaids, Miriam, Stephen, Elise, my mom, Larry, and Holly had already gathered. Michael stopped by on his way out of town (Mom, Larry, and Holly left at the same time). It was the first of many goodbyes we would have to say that day.

Those friends and relatives that were still in town met us for brunch at Porcupine. It was nice to finally visit with people without being completely preoccupied with the wedding.

After brunch, we went back home. I'm happy to say that instead of packing for the honeymoon, unwrapping presents, or organizing all of the stuff from the weddings, I sat down and just talked to my bridesmaids. I think it was the first real conversation I had with them since they got here. It was so nice.

When it was time to take Mindy to the airport, we all hugged and said goodbye. It has been so incredible to be surrounded by my best friends and family the last week. I'm glad that Stephen and Elise stuck around to see us off or I would have been depressed to come home to an empty house.

Rod and I spent the rest of the afternoon unwrapping presents and packing for the honeymoon. We couldn't stand to see all of our beautiful flowers go to waste so we packed them up and took them to a nursing home.

We ended the night by taking Stephen and Elise to The Bayou. I wish that we could have stayed a couple days more to show them around Salt Lake. I guess now they will have an excuse to come back. :)

The next morning, it was off to the Yucatan. Check out the details on my travel blog.

No comments: