It wasn't actually perfect, several small things went wrong, but when I think about yesterday as a whole, it was absolutely perfect. It started with me sleeping in, which almost never happens. I am so used to getting up at 7:45, I don't even have to set an alarm.
As I was making myself a bowl of oatmeal, I noticed three deer bedded down in our backyard. Now we have seen tracks all over the yard and on more than one occasion have turned onto our street to see several deer leaping down the road, but this was the first time I actually saw the deer in our yard. I spent several minutes just watching them, afraid to move and ruin the moment. Then I couldn't resist the urge to grab my camera. Most of these pics were taken through the glass doors that face our back yard so I apologize for the reflection.
After I finally coaxed Rod out of bed, we headed up to Solitude. It was definitely a social ski day. The snow was crap, but then again, it has been a pretty incredible year. It would be fair to see I'm a little jaded. Rod and I did a few runs by ourselves, then met up with Kim and Lara. We did a few runs with them and then headed to lunch at the lodge with Jeremy and his family. After lunch I switched to skis and practiced on the bunny slope with Lucy, who is 2 1/2.
After skiing, we met up with Kim and Lara for drinks and the Silver Fork lodge, then headed home to quickly change for dinner at Ivan and Monette's. They made us fantastic stroganoff, then I cleaned up at the poker table. It was beginner's luck, but I still doubled my buy in. Yeah.
It was a day that really reminded me how lucky I am to live in Utah and to have such great friends nearby. There aren't many places where you can sleep in and still get in a full day of skiing and spending time with friends. It was also nice to take a break from both work and wedding planning and spend time with Rod doing what we did when we first started seeing each other.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Monday, February 18, 2008
The Perfect Day
Posted by
Jen
at
10:35 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
oh!!! how fantastic! your pics are great and the day does sound perfect... i can't even imagine seeing deer in my backyard- though there was 3 elephants in soho two days ago for a fashion shoot- that was interesting....
Post a Comment