Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Monday, May 10, 2010

So . . . February

Between my Hunger Games and Under the Dome hibernation and our multiple out of town trips, February was a bit of a blur. Here are the parts I remember . . .

We spent the first weekend in Idaho visiting family. Although most of our time was spent with Grandma and Grandpa Ellis, we did spend some time at the arcade with Jordan, Mom, and Grandpa Reeder. We headed home on Sunday in time for two superbowl parties at Jeff Hunt's and at Phil and Tara's. Sorry no photos.

We had a very romantic V-day . . . in New Orleans . . . for Mardi Gras. Ha! There was a lot more nudity than I signed up for. Don't get me wrong. I have heard enough stories about Mardi Gras to know that there would be plenty of upper body nudity. It was the lower body (FEMALE!) nudity I was unprepared for. Icky. The Hand Grenades made it better. I got a grocery sack full of (unearned) beads at the Endymion parade. Before we went to the parade, I kept hearing stories about da' balloons and how you have to step on them first if you don't want to get stepped on while you are reaching for them. I was so confused about (1) how people on the float threw balloons to the parade viewers and (2) how you could step on the balloons without popping them. It wasn't until the parade was almost over that I realized that "da' balloons" are actually "doubloons," treasure-island coinlike tokens.




The next weekend was a bookclub for my newest addiction, The Hunger Games. It is a story about a futuristic post-war United States, where, instead of states, the country is divided into districts. Every year there is a lottery and two children are chosen from each district to fight to the death. It is a three-part series. I devoured the first two books and have already pre-ordered the third from Amazon. It comes out in August. We made lamb stew, which plays a prominent part in the book, and poached pears.

The next night was a dinner at the Citris Grill with our friends from work who happen to be going to school with the husband of someone I went to high school with. Small world. That Sunday, we made dinner--roast pork, roasted vegetable, and creme brulee--for Steve, Kathy, Guy, and Janet. Steve is one of my favorite people to work with. He always has great stories and his wife Kathy is so nice. Guy and Janet are a couple who work together to manage my office. I have always really liked them, but we have gotten especially close over the last year. They love Rumba as much as we do. They watch her for us occasionally. Guy retired in March. And the office hasn't been the same without him. It was really fun to have them all over.

We spent the last weekend of March in Eden, skiing with our friends. We took advantage of a killer deal at Wolf Creek lodge to organize a mini ski vacation. We spent Saturday at Powder Mountain followed by getting awesome burgers at the Shooting Star. I've blogged about the Shooting Star before. It is one of the oldest bars in Utah and has such a fun atmosphere. The next day, we went to Snow Basin. It was a beautiful bluebird day, but the snow could have been better.

At some point in February, my good friend Sarah came to town. We celebrated by doing a number of things that I do not normally do on a school night . . . or ever . . . like going to Park City . . . for karaoke . . . with a band. I don't do karaoke. I can't carry a tune. But we were challenged by a group of guys to a karaoke off so everyone had to take a turn. Sarah rocked the house. I heard she has been practicing. :) Nici and Mellie sang "Smells like Teen Spirit", and Ally and I rocked it to the only song I know where carrying a tune is not a necessary, "You Gotta Fight (for your right to Par-tay." I'll admit that karaoking to a band is a different experience. Nici and I also got roped into a game of darts, which I suck at. At least we met some nice people. After moving the party to Ciseros and shutting down the bar, we headed to the "Sev" for taquitos and donuts. Utah has not been the same without Sarah!
Twelve Angry Men also played at the PTC this month. The acting was great, but I spent half the show thinking "you can't do that". It was also a frustrating glimpse at the unpredictable jury system. I think that is everything . . . .

No comments: