Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Welcome Home




When we got home, we were greeted with the fully-reframed basement and a box of invitations! It about killed me when I couldn't get the box of invitations open while Rod and, more importantly, his pocket knife were downstairs examining the basement. When I finally pulled him away from the basement (you have to have priorities right?), I was delighted with the result. I had been pretty anxious about the invitations. Tobin, our friend who designed the invitations, did an AWESOME job. He was so great to work with. Unfortunately, we could not find anyone in Utah to do the letterpressing so we had to send the invitations to a letterpress in California. I found the reasonably priced Mercurio Brothers in California. It was a bit of a risk because we wouldn't be able to see a proof before all of the invitations were finished. If we didn't like them, it would be too late. Also, their lead time was 5 weeks so there would be no redos. Fortunately, the risk paid off. Mercurio Brothers did an incredible job--you can see even the smallest detail in the leaves. Rod and I stayed up late stuffing envelopes, and I was the first person in line at the post office the next morning. Invitations . . . check!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They DID turn out great! I was so excited (and surprised!) to get mine in the mail (since I had just seen you that same day!) and I've already mailed it back to ya! Love ya!