Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Roommates



While I was at USU, I had the coolest group of roommates. I kind of adopted them from one of my current bridesmaids (Alicia), who lived with them our freshman year. Alicia left my sophmore year to move to Washington, and I moved in across the hall from her old roommates. It wasn't long before they couldn't kick me out of the apartment.

Autumn, she's the glue that holds us all together, is the most generous person I know. She kept us all fed during undergrad. She made rice krispy treats NIGHTLY and I loved zucchini season because that meant endless loafs of Autumn's zucchini bread. She moved to Minnesota a couple years ago. Now the only time we get together is when she's in town.


Val is the coolest! She's such a cute, fun girl. We lived together my junior/senior year. We would go running or hiking and talk for hours about our crushes and the roommate "drama". She was the best roommate EVER. She now lives in Idaho Falls, where we both grew up, with her handsome husband Todd and her three adorable girls: Macy, Riley, and Shiloh.

Kristine: I actually knew of her my first week of undergrad when she won a scholarship drawing during survival week. Much to my surprise, she moved in the Glenwood apartment during my junior/senior year. Then we both started working at the Royal Garden, Logan's best chinese buffet. She always knows how to make me laugh. She lives so close to me now, but we still almost never see her. She has two cute little bundles of energy: Josh and Ian. Ian never stops bouncing (which is why he is blurry in all of my pictures).



Rachel, she was the studious roommate who we could always count on to make us feel better. She was also the reason we made hundreds of late night trips to Wal-mart. Yeah, Logan is a happening place. Her new husband Casey is such a cutie and you can really tell how happy they are together.

Nat is the unstoppable ball of energy. Her dating stories kept the whole apartment entertained, and her presence ensured that there were a steady stream of guys. She ended up marrying one of our regular visitors: Pete, and now they have three boys and a little girl on her way.

Anyway, last Friday, Autumn came to town and we all got together. I was a short visit, too short, and not all of the roommates were able to make it, but it was still so much fun to see everyone. I hope they can all make it to the wedding.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Great post! It is sad we don't get together more often. I can't believe you remember me from the scholarship game Freshman year! Your memory is AWESOME!

Nat said...

I'm sad I missed the dinner! It's always so fun to get together and see everyone.