LisaDawn and I have been friends since seventh grade. I have probably known her longer than any other person I'm not related to. We have had some fantastic times together--slumber parties, scavenger hunts, shopping, toilet papering . . . we've done it all. We've also helped each other through some really tough times. Now, we don't see each other often, but when we do, it is always as if we just saw each other. She is such a wonderful friend that I can always count on. Last weekend she called me to see if I wanted to go to lunch with her family--she has the three most adorable children--and Rachel Ann and her family.
This was a completely unexpected event. I cannot even remember the last time I saw Rachel. We were really close in junior high, but grew apart in high school. We, of course, didn't keep in touch after high school and have only recently reconnected through our high school reunion blog. It was such a pleasant surprise.
It was great seeing LisaDawn again (it always is) and meeting Rachel's family for the first time. She also has three kids. The baby, Spencer, is the sweetest baby. He let me hold him for almost the entire day without fussing at all.
We went to the park after lunch and, then, William, Tabitha (LisaDawn's two youngest children), and I jumped on the trampoline. Seeing everyone and jumping on the trampoline really took me back. It also reminded me that I really need to do a better job of staying in touch.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Blast from the Past
Posted by
Jen
at
10:10 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Jen-I can't thank you enough for getting together with us. It really meant so much to me. It was wonderful to see you again. I really am SO proud of you and all you have accomplished--you are an amazing woman.
In fact, I was telling my dad about seeing you and he said "she is one of the sharpest people I have ever met!" :)
So thanks for the great time...wish we could have managed something on the way back, but maybe again in the future. :)
Um, yeah, I definitely need to do better at the staying in touch, too!! It was great to see you, too! You'll have to email me those pictures since I didn't have my camera with me! Love ya!
Post a Comment