Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A busy week

This week was another busy week, but this time it wasn't just with work. Tuesday night was the Federal Bar Association Award Banquet. I'm usually at this banquet because I've been on the board for the last two years, but this year I had a couple of other reasons to be there. The attorney that I do most of my work for (Jonathan Hafen) was inaugurated as president. Also, another attorney that I'm working with, Rob Clark, was honored as the Distinguished Attorney of the Year Award. Then, completely unexpectedly, last year's president Diana Hagen awarded me with the National Award for the Pro Bono project I arranged this last year. The best reward was knowing that I helped make a difference in the lives of battered women in the state of Utah, but the recognition was nice too.

The week didn't slow down any after that. On Wednesday, I had to present for Inns of Court. My role was that of a sideline reporter. It was pretty amusing. Friday was game night with Ari and Patty, and on Saturday my family came to town.

On top of all of this, our kitty has been sick. She must have gotten into a nasty cat fight. She had two abcesses. One drained on its own, but the other had to have a tube placed in it for drainage. Ani was not happy about the drain, but she was even less happy about the fact that she wasn't allowed outside for three days. Poor kitty!


1 comment:

Mindy said...

YEAH JEN!!!! you make me soo proud! congrats on the pro bono award!!!