Between being incredibly busy, taking up a new hobby, and now being sick, I have barely had a chance to write about what was the most amazing month. In addition to the concerts and plays that I've already written about, Rod and I also got in some amazing ski (yes, I said ski) days.
For those of you who don't know, I am a boarder and have been one since high school. Until a couple years ago, I had never even been on skis. I grudgingly agreed to take up skiing because Rod wants to do more backcountry stuff. Until this year, though, I have not taken that promise seriously. I have switched to skis only during the last, already exhaused hours of an okay ski days. But in March I had my first full ski day ever. It helped that my friends Cynthia and Cristina had free passes to Deer Valley (where they don't allow boarders). The skiing was posh and may have ruined me for other resorts. The runs were all really wide, perfect for learning, the mountain hosts were incredibly helpful, and the turkey chilli rounded out a perfect ski day. I also graduated to my first blue run. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. Then, just when it looked like it was never going to snow again, we headed to Big Sky to see what Montana had to offer. We were actually there to visit our friends and their adorable new baby, but the nearby ski resort was certainly a plus. Chris and Katie were only in Big Sky for a month while Chris did a rotation in the medical clinic. They just had a new baby, Adeline, in November. They had a beautiful cabin on the river.

The first couple of days, the snow was not great, but on the last day it was storming, filling in all of the bumps. Great day! Chris and Katie were such great hosts, we had such a blast.
More about our great month tomorrow (or when I get around to it :) ).






1 comment:
You do need to post more about all your success last month, partner! It was so fun to be able to catch up with you are Rod. You guys are great! Can't wait to see you again :)
Post a Comment