As great as March was, April has been pretty fantastic too. The first week of April was jam- packed with fun. Wednesday, April 1, was an unsurprise party for the Super Cool Alex.
Ari invited us all to Alex's house. We started arriving while Alex was still there, but he didn't know that it was planned until more people showed up. His Mom put together this fantastic spread.
Rod and I have totally different music tastes. My iPod is filled with punk rock,The Cure, Depeche Mode, and NIN. His is filled with bluegrass, americana, and alt country. One of the very few bands we agree on is Better Than Ezra. It helps that they are from his hometown and that I had never heard of them until we started dating. Apparently BTE never made it to Idaho Falls. :) So even though the rest of the world got sick of BTE in the 90s, they are brand new to me. For years, I have been trying to talk Rod into taking me to see BTE in Baton Rouge. But this weekend, BTE came to us AND it was FREE!
The concert was at the Canyons. We got there late (because I had a fabulous sushi lunch catching up with my college roommates who were in town for a wedding), but it was perfect timing. We still got close to the stage and only had to wait ten minutes before the band came out. They were even better live! Half way through the concert it started snowing. It was so fun dancing in the snow singing at the top of our lungs. I didn't want it to end!

The concert was at the Canyons. We got there late (because I had a fabulous sushi lunch catching up with my college roommates who were in town for a wedding), but it was perfect timing. We still got close to the stage and only had to wait ten minutes before the band came out. They were even better live! Half way through the concert it started snowing. It was so fun dancing in the snow singing at the top of our lungs. I didn't want it to end!
Sorry the sound isn't better. Here are some clips from their new album and some of their old hits.
After the concert, we met back up with Autumn and Val (the college roommates) for shopping at the outlets and dinner at Red Rock.
To round out our perfect weekend, we spent Sunday skiing. 
We ran into Kelly and Seth and spent the rest of the day skiing with them.
The sky was as blue as I've ever seen it (and I got fried!). I did my first black diamond (on skis). It wasn't pretty, but I made it without hurting myself. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment