
This Thanksgiving was not a typical Thanksgiving Day. In fact, it was objectively a bad Thanksgiving Day. But to me, it was the kind of day where all the reasons to be thankful were very apparent.
Shortly after waking up, my Grandma got up and told us that she did not feel well. I helped her into the bathroom and rubbed lotion into her back to make her fell better. She wasn't able to get back up without my Grandpa. She was so upset that she didn't feel well. She had been looking forward to having us home and to spending the day with our family, but that morning all she wanted to was go back to bed. We decided to let her rest for awhile to see how she felt. By noon, we had decided that we were not going to make it out to Dennis and Brenda's for dinner. Instead, Rod and I went out to pick up plates for everyone. Dennis and Brenda made sure we had full plates for dinner (and dessert).
When we got back, Grandma felt well enough to eat. We sat down to eat just the four of us (and Rumba). It was less hectic than most Thanksgiving meals. I was so glad that I got eat with Grandma. Ever since her close call this summer, every minute I have with her is a gift.
Right after dinner, we helped Grandma get ready and headed to the ER. She could not feel her legs and was lethargic. We stayed with her while they got her checked in. Then we made a quick trip out to Rigby to see my Mom (Dena) and siblings before coming back to the hospital. Jayde was home from college and Daniel and his family were out visiting. We had pie and played Cranium. Jayde and I were on a team against Mom and Jordan, Daniel and Brittany (and Bradley), and Rod and Ryan (Jayde's ex/current boyfriend). Jordan and Mom kicked our butts, but we had a lot of fun on the way. There was a LOT of humming. Apparently I'm good at charades, sculpting, and drawing with my eyes closed, but horrible at humming. :)
Over the next few days, we spent a lot of time with Grandma at the hospital. Fortunately (depending how you look at it) her problems were caused only by an overdose of calcium. It was so frustrating because she had just had her dosage increased by her doctor the week before. She got to come home on Saturday (after the calcium cleared out of her blood) and is feeling much better now.
The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur. Jayde and I got to spend some alone time getting pedicures (and giving Santa our wish list). We spent a short while visiting with Great Grandma Sauers, who will be turning 92 this week. Rod and I took Jayde and Ryan out to sushi. Yes, sushi in IF. It was against our better judgment. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Saturday we had Pizza at Leos, a family tradition, with Dad, Amanda (his girlfriend), her kids, Mom 2, Jayde, Jordan, Daniel, Brittany, and the boys. It was a madhouse, but so fun to wax nostalgic about which one of us threw the worse tantrums as a child (Daniel, definitely Daniel). We brought some pizza home to Grandma, which she generously shared with Rumba. Rumba was her faithful companion the rest of the weekend.
Sunday morning we said our goodbyes to Grandma and Grandpa, met Wade and Terie for a quick breakfast at Smittys, and headed home. On the way home, being the cheesy person I am, after Rod reached for my hand, I asked Rod to pinch me. Then I told him that I couldn't believe I was so lucky to have such a hot, smart, sucessful, generous, and caring husband. He smiled at my and humbly said "You forgot something". "Oh really?" "Yes, I have you." Heart melting! He's SO wonderful!
Yes, this weekend, there was a lot to be thankful for.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Giving Thanks!
Posted by
Jen
at
8:19 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment