Rod and I carpooled with our good friends Joanna and Clem and their dogs Sasha and Illy to Erin and Sam's Fourth of July Wedding in Cheyenne. Sasha and I cuddled up in back while Clem listened to his bar review courses.
Although I was pretty stressed about our wedding at this point. I would not have missed Erin and Sam's wedding. Erin and I have been friends for nearly eight years now. We actually met in the locker rooms at the HPER after she had finished a swim and I had, had my first kayak rolling session with Rod. I recognized Erin as one of the new 1Ls. After that we hung out at bar review and started mountainbiking together. She is so much fun and an incredibly happy and nice person. That same year, I was a teaching assistant for a Legal Writing class and Sam was one of my students. He was so nice, but pretty quiet. It wasn't until he started dating Erin that I saw his wild side. :) Erin, Sam, and I care a common love of travel and sushi, so we get together (less frequently than we would like) to share our stories.
The wedding was so beautiful. It was at Erin's parent's house in Cheyenne. Erin looked absolutely stunning! And you could see from the looks on their faces how in love they are. The ceremony was both emotional and entertaining. The Judge performing the ceremony was quick-witted and couldn't resist sharing the story of how Erin and Sam had forgotten to get their marriage license until their rehearsal at 4:30 the day before the ceremony, when the office issuing licenses closed at 4:45 that day. They had bolted from the rehearsal and made it to the office at 4:43.
They also managed to work the Declaration of Independence into their vows. The ceremony was followed by a delicious BBQ, loads of beer, music, dancing, and, at the end of the night, fireworks in the distance.
Since, Joanna, Clem, Rod, and I were camped out in the backyard (within stumbling distance), we were recruited to help put together all the last minute details. It was really reassuring to me to see how the complete chaos in the morning turned into such a beautiful wedding in the evening. It gave me hope that I may just be able to pull it off myself. :)
For their honeymoon, Erin and Sam are taking an 18-month biking trip through Asia and Eastern Europe. I am so excited for them and can't wait to read about all their adventures.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Happy 4th and Wedding in Cheyenne
Posted by
Jen
at
11:54 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment