Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 in Review

What an incredible year!


Resolutions for next year:

1) Be better at keeping in touch with friends. I have been so lucky to have many wonderful people in my life. Last year got so busy with work and planning the wedding. I was bad at making time to see everyone. This year, I am going to make more of an effort to spend with my friends. I realize that work is always going to be there (and hopefully my friends will be there too). I need to make time now.



2) Each Earth Day, Rod and I make a committment to do one thing that will improve our environment. This year, I decided to make my committment early. For the last year, I have been bringing home my water bottles from work to recycle. This year, I am not going to recycle water bottles, I'm going to bring my nalgene bottle to work rather than waste the bottles in the first place.


Photo by Rich Pedroncelli for Associated Press
Americans throw away 60 million bottles per day.

3) Get stronger. Last summer I got a road bike and, by the end of the season, I could get up Millcreek Canyon. This winter, I am going to take up skate skiing so I can start out the biking season strong. I am also going to try to ride my bike to work more and I have promised myself that I will do at least one mountain bike race (even if I get my butt kicked).



4) Be healthier. Rod and I are both pretty active and eat healthy food. We try to avoid preservatives and buy local, organic foods as often as possible. This year, I would like to focus on other aspects of our health both mental and physical. Specifically, I need to moisturize more often, drink more water, and get monthly facials and massages (for mental health really). I would also like to incorporate more weightlifting into my workout routine.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I love all your year in photos--very cute. And I was so impressed with all your resoltions--especially the earth day ones. I think that would be a great thing to do with my kids on earth day (plan something we can do as a family to be better to the earth). Am going to steal your idea--hope that is okay.

And I am incredible jealous about your mental health resoltion--I could use a massage (or 10) each month! :) I hope you enjoy that time alone to relax and start fresh!

Mindy said...

!#@*#
we are so frickin alike!
I have the same resolution about water bottles! how funney is that! I'm also incorporating your longstanding "tradition" of bringing canvas bags instead of using the stores plastic bags- I have a small tote i carry with me everywhere so when i get something at the grocery or drug store- or any other store- I can just carry it in my own bag ;' ) but now I'm expanding to having seveal totes for grocery shopping...just like you!
and i'm also adding more weight lifitng sessions (i have to go get 15lbs! the 8's aren't enough anymore!) and plan to run another half marathon this year- we should go to each others races!!!
AND I've resolved to stop being so sloppy and really sexy it up this year by getting clothes that fit and actually wearing make up and doing my hair! can you imagine?!? I resolve to ditch the dishevled NY hipster/grandma look!