
One of my favorite family traditions is decorating the Christmas tree. When I was little, my family would spend the weekend after Thanksgiving getting out the tree and decorating it. Dad would put on the lights, and the kids would take turns putting on ornaments while mom made brownies. When we were all finished, we would turn out the lights, turn on the tree, and sing carols.
Well, a couple of things have changed since I was a little. Since I don't have a family to help me decorate the tree now, I invite a handful of my friends (Nici, Mellie, Corey, Ry-Ry, and Toddy) over to help me, and now Rod, decorate the tree.
Instead of getting the tree out, Rod insists that we buy a real tree. Although I hate to admit it, I really love it. You just cannot beat the smell of pine.
Also, instead of brownies, we cook up a couple pots of cheese and chocolate fondue.
I love spending this time with my friends and how the house glows when the tree is lit.
Welcome
Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Jen & Rod
P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Happy Holidays!
Posted by
Jen
at
7:54 PM
Labels: What we're up to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Your tree is beautiful!!! What a fun night getting together with friends (and food!!) to celebrate for the holidays!! :)
Post a Comment