You may have noticed that my last post did not mention the fact that it was our 2-year anniversary. Although that weekend should have been our anniversary weekend, we decided to celebrate with the family and friends that were in town and to celebrate with just the two of us over the course of the next week.
On Monday, our actual 2-year anniversary, Rod brought me flowers.
On Tuesday, we went for a bike ride near Parley's Summitt with Ari, Patty, Alex, and Seth, and were invited to dinner at Seth's place--a real treat since Seth is the executive chef at the RiverHorse in Park City--afterwards.
On Wednesday, we went to a Red Butte concert--Lyle Lovett and his Large Band!--with our good friends, Megan and Dasche.
I just couldn't help sneaking a photo of the girl below. The company clearly did not understand what HooHas are. :)
On Friday, we spent nearly four hours eating and drinking at our new favorite restaurant, Forage. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The atmosphere was very intimate with only a handful of other tables. Reservations are a must. The food was the single-best meal I have ever had in my entire life. The menu has two different options: a three-course tasting menu or a full tasting. The number of courses on the full tasting varies depending on the chefs' moods. For us, the full tasting had 13 courses! Each one was fantastic and all of them were made with locally grown ingredients, including vegetables out of the restaurant's own garden.
Our menu included:
Amuses
Asparagus croquette
Soft boiled egg with maple and sherry cream (seriously the best thing I have ever tasted)
Penn Cove Mussels with tomato confit
Zucchini Risotto without rice
Fresh house made cheese
Vegetables and herbs of the season
slow cooked wild sockeye salmon
Local Rabbit roasted with juniper, young beets, and pickled cherries
Beef tasting with dry aged prime strip loin and lightly smoked tenderloin
Melon sorbet
Frozen rasberry with yogurt crumble
Carmelized white chocolate mousse
And, after all that, they sent us home with cookies.
We spent the whole dinner talking about what an amazing year it had been. It is hard to believe that two years has passed so quickly. I am constantly amazed by Rod, and the love I feel for him is sometimes overwhelming. He is constantly thinking of little things to do for me to let me know that he is thinking about me. He always saves the last bite for me. Even when we are doing something mundane, like the dishes, our song will come on and he will grab my hand and start to dance. We have a hard time falling asleep together because we cannot stop talking to each other. Everything I do is more fun because he is there. I do not know how I got to be so lucky! But I am so glad that I have Rod in my life.
As our gift to each other for our "cotton anniversary" we had our vows calligraphied on cotton paper, which we will eventually have framed with one of our wedding photos. For our less traditional presents, I got Rod a smoker and he got me the new Adobe Creative Suite. Yay!
The next day, we had a BBQ up Millcreek Canyon to celebrate Cynthia's birthday.
It was at this event that Cynthia and I cooked up our crazy plan for my 30th Birthday--Skydiving! After the BBQ, we went to Patty's parent's house, to spend some more time with Ari and Patty before they took off.
That Sunday, we had a play date with Tobin and Diana and their adorable children, Kaira and Archer. I went with them to the Fairmont Aquatic Center. Kaira and Archer are little fish. They loved the pool, and we had a great time. After the pool, we came back to our house, where Rod had been manning the smoker, preparing a wonderful pulled-pork meal. We finished it off with our Anniversary Cake.
Archer's Crazy Eyes
Anniversary Cake
The whole week, and the year for that matter, was wonderful. I can't wait to see what year three has in store for us.




No comments:
Post a Comment