I might have mentioned her once or twice (or a billion times). Regina, one of my best friends, is my favorite person to travel with. She is one of those people that things just happen to. She is almost five years younger than me, has an engineering degree from UCLA, and has traveled EVERYWHERE. We met in Bolivia and traveled together through Peru and Colombia. A couple years later, I visited her while she was doing Peace Corp work in Honduras.
After years of meeting in other countries, she came out to see me in the middle of October. She was a good sport, helping me out with the Walk Against Violence and the after party on Friday. I spent the rest of the weekend being a tourist in my own town, showing Regina everything I could fit into the weekend. On Saturday, we took a trip out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Even though it was our first time there, it was kind of nostalgic for us. Just before we met in Bolivia, we had each gone on a salt flats trip in Uyuni. I had actually overheard a guy comparing the Bolivia salt flats with the ones in Utah and thought, "Huh, I didn't even know there were salt flats in Utah." As far as the comparison, I would have to see them back to back. It has been too long. We had a lot of fun playing on the salt.












On Saturday night, Carrie was nice enough to let me bring Regina to Joel's birthday party. One of the little girls there was too cute.
Sunday, we took a drive over guardsman to look at the leaves and play in the snow.


After brunch in Park City, we headed out for a climb on Narcolepsy Wall. I did my first 5.9 (and it was a +)! 















On Saturday night, Carrie was nice enough to let me bring Regina to Joel's birthday party. One of the little girls there was too cute.
Sunday, we took a drive over guardsman to look at the leaves and play in the snow.



After brunch in Park City, we headed out for a climb on Narcolepsy Wall. I did my first 5.9 (and it was a +)! 



Harrow came over for a post-climb meal, and we all soaked in the new hot tub.
On Monday night, Regina and I took a long walk to the dog park. Regina picked the perfect weekend to come out. The leaves were incredible.



It was so fun catching up with Regina (and planning our next trip)!



No comments:
Post a Comment