Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Thursday, October 22, 2009

A beautiful weekend without any photos

I can't believe I forgot my camera! I never leave home without it. On Friday, September 18 (yes, a whole month ago), it was a time to say goodbye to Jess and Sarah. I've known Jess since we started law school in the fall of 2001. Rod and I could always count on him to be up for a mountainbike ride. I met Sarah at Rod's surprise party the day I got home from South America. She came bearing a tacky t-shirt for Rod, which has become a birthday tradition. She has the amazing ability to light up a room and make anyone feel special. I know we will see them again (and soon when we make a ski trip out to Germany), but Utah just feels emptier without them. Come back soon!


We had to leave the party early to get up to my firm retreat. We were assigned to the very important role of bringing cocktails. By the time we made it to Wolf Mountain, dinner and dancing were over, but the party was just getting started. Due to a case of mistaken room assignments, Bryan realized that the entry code was the same for both our house and the house next door. Our house had a fuseball table. The house next door had a pool table. We spent the night bopping between both houses. We didn't go to bed until 3-ish a.m. I haven't been up that late in a long time. It was a very early morning! Luckily we started the day with a very interesting presentation by Alan Fine about how you can improve your performance by merely focusing on the right things.


Later that night, we went to Rod's work party in Lamb Canyon. We had a great time visiting with his co-workers and eating Linda's cookies. Yum!


The next day, Rod and I went with Megan to Deer Valley for a day of mountainbiking. We only got slightly lost, but we ended our ride in the pouring rain riding up the road. We warmed up at our favorite post-ride salsa bar: Chubasco. If only our hot tub was already hooked up!

No comments: