After Ireland and Seattle, we were exhausted. We tried to ease back into life in SLC. Our first Tuesday back was the much-awaited Chicago concert at Red Butte. Unfortunately, it was a big let down. Instead of singing all of their greatest hits, they sung 30 seconds of their greatest hits in a medley of 30 seconds of their other greatest hits. I was just getting into one song, when they would start with another. At least the setting was great.
Friday night we headed to Sundance (the ski resort) for an overnighter with the Summer Associates.
Due to budget cuts, we skipped the Tree Room (saddest day), but we did spend some time at the Owl Bar.
We also were um "entertained" by The Fantastiks. It was not my favorite. We didn't have the chance to enjoy any of the bike trails around the area the next day, though. My family was in town for school shopping. Jayde, Jordan, Mom Dena and I shopped until we dropped, literally. I nearly fell asleep on the floor of their hotel room. We did take a small break in the middle of it all to see Funny People and pick up a Little Ceasars Pizza and bread sticks. I cannot believe that Jayde is going to be a junior in college and Jordan is going into Junior High School. I feel so old! I love those guys.

We finished off our weekend with a brunch with the fam, Dave, Inga, and Gabe at the Salt Lake Pizza & Pasta place. This has become Jayde and my go-to place for brunch (at least until she turns 21 and can get into Fiddlers Elbow).
We also were um "entertained" by The Fantastiks. It was not my favorite. We didn't have the chance to enjoy any of the bike trails around the area the next day, though. My family was in town for school shopping. Jayde, Jordan, Mom Dena and I shopped until we dropped, literally. I nearly fell asleep on the floor of their hotel room. We did take a small break in the middle of it all to see Funny People and pick up a Little Ceasars Pizza and bread sticks. I cannot believe that Jayde is going to be a junior in college and Jordan is going into Junior High School. I feel so old! I love those guys.We finished off our weekend with a brunch with the fam, Dave, Inga, and Gabe at the Salt Lake Pizza & Pasta place. This has become Jayde and my go-to place for brunch (at least until she turns 21 and can get into Fiddlers Elbow).



No comments:
Post a Comment