Normally I would feel bad about not blogging for more than six weeks, but my computer died, then we were in Ireland, and, quite frankly, we have been having way too much fun to take the time to write. I know you are probably more interested in the present than the past, but so much has happended since my last post that I can't bear to skip it. Please bear with me (or just stop reading for the next week).
The last weekend in June, we celebrated my grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary. Because my grandmother has not been feeling well, we decided to make it a family affair. Below is the write-up I wrote for the Post Register:
Sixty-two years ago, Betty Lou Ludlow (Annis) and George Ruben Ellis (LaBelle) met while roller skating at Riverside Gardens in Rigby. After dating for two years, George asked Betty to marry him during a community dance in Ririe. They were married on June 19, 1949, at George’s family’s home. As with every marriage, the Ellises’ marriage had its trials, but their love for each other always pulled them through. And on August X, 1975, the couple made an eternal commitment to each other in the Idaho Falls Temple. During their marriage, the couple raised their five children--Dennis George, Ronnie Lynn, Wade Lewis, Sharilee (Shults), and Ryan Kirk--in a two-bedroom Idaho Falls home until their neighbor offered to trade homes with them. Now, fifty-three years later, the couple’s seventeen grandchildren and eighteen great-grandchildren still enjoy visiting their Grandma and Grandpa Ellis in the same home where the couple raised their children. On Saturday, June 27, 2009, the couple will celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary with their family at Ellis Supreme Arabians. George is the founder of Ellis Trucking, which is still operated by his son, and Betty is retired from her position as a bank teller for First Security Bank.



Rod grilled up burgers, and everyone else brought a side dish. After eating and taking family pictures, Larry sang a few songs for my grandparents, and they danced with my grandpa rolling my grandma around in her wheelchair. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.
I had such a wonderful weekend celebrating my Grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary with them and the rest of my family. I managed to squeeze in a (belated) father's day dinner with my dad and younger siblings and a visit with my Great Grandma Sauers too.




No comments:
Post a Comment