Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wedding Wednesday

If you feel like you have traveled back in time, don't worry, I am not planning another wedding. A few friends (you know who you are) asked me to blog about some of the details and planning process for the wedding. There were a lot of things that I didn't blog about before the wedding because I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

When I first started planning, I was all over the map. I bought new wedding magazines every time I went to the store and sometimes went to the store for the sole purpose of picking up another. I must have torn out thousands of pages of ideas. The problem, as my trusted advisor Kim pointed out to me, was that there was no cohesive theme. I knew that I wanted to have a low impact wedding, but I was having a hard time not using all of the great ideas that I saw. I decided that to focus myself, I needed to make an inspiration board.

Rod quickly shot down my first idea for a theme: wildflowers. I thought yellow and purple wildflowers would be beautiful and play perfectly into our earth friendly goals. I had idealistic notions of my bridesmaids and I going into the mountains and gathering flowers the morning of the wedding and putting them in vases we picked up at the thrift store. Rod pointed out, however, that I would most certainly be teased by all the Louisiana folks for using LSU colors. That statement along with the heart palpatations I started to get thinking about doing our own flowers along with everything else we had to do that day pretty much killed our wildflower theme.

Here are my next attempts:






I asked the three people I trust the most when it comes to style (Kate, Kim, and Mindy) what they thought. They all really liked both inspiration boards, which was great, but it didn't help me narrow down my theme any. In the end, I decided to use elements and colors from both boards. Our theme: Lovebirds and Tree Branches. Our colors: Chocolate Brown, Green Apple, Robin's Egg Blue, and hints of lilac.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I love reading all your updates--especially about your wedding stuff! So fun to see all the details!

I am trying to get on the ball about putting all the camera settings with the picture of the day, so please don't think I have forgotten your comment! :) I was so happy to hear from you and know you were still checking in with my blog!

I am so happy for you and Rod. What an awesome couple you are!