Welcome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our site! Well . . . the honeymoon is over, but our married life is just beginning. If this is your first time to our site, we started the site to inform our friends and family about our wedding events and details. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to keep it up with stories about our daily lives. We don't update it as often as we like, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. On Wednesdays, we post some of the behind-the-scenes details of our wedding vendors and projects. If you are looking for the Chrismas Letter you can click on the link in the labels section below or simply scroll down. Please sign our guestbook. We love reading all the comments.

Jen & Rod

P.S. You can check out photos from our honeymoon with these links.



Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're so Fortunate

I'm sorry that we have been MIA for the last few weeks. We have been so busy spending time with our friends. It has really confirmed how lucky we are to have so many people that we consider close friends.

Of course there was the two weeks I spent with Regina in Honduras. I met Regina in the middle of the Bolivian jungle during my trip to South America. We ended up spending about a month traveling together through Bolivia, Peru, and Colombia. It is still amazing to me how close we got in such a short amount of time. It was no different this time. We travel together so well and always have so much to talk about.

After I got back, there was a Roaring 20's party for Jess and Sarah, who just got married this last weekend. It was so fun to see so many of our law school friends. Since we graduated from law school, we just don't get together as often as we did.




The next week, Alex, my friend from business school, had a birthday. His parents hired a professional to cook for us. OMG! It was SO good.



The next Saturday, I spent the day with my bridesmaid and one of my best friends from high school, Carley Anne, for some wedding errands. She helped me make the very difficult choice of to veil or not to veil. That night we went to see Patty, our very talented friend, in Cabaret. She was one of the kit-kat dancers. It was not a very uplifting, but still very entertaining. Although I didn't know I had it in me, we headed to a birthday party for Tracy and Cass in Bountiful. It was one of the wildest parties I've been to since law school. When we got there, everyone was dancing. Our entrance was announced on a megaphone so that everyone could hear. I didn't know I still had it in me.

This last weekend was a lot more drunken debauchery at Sarah and Jess's wedding in Cabos San Lucas. We stayed at a very opulent all inclusive resort that, I kid you not, had liquor dispensers in the room. It was a beautiful wedding. I can think of no two people who are better suited for each other than Jess and Sarah. It was an incredible bonus too, to go on vacation with twenty or so of our close friends.

No comments: